This policy describes the personal information processing that will occurs in connection with your submission of personal information for different EGY-NADO needs within its Anti-Doping Program while following the World Anti-Doping Code and the International Standards
All of EGY-NADO staff and other third parties who may have access to Personal information of an athlete according to case-by-case basis have signed confidentiality and privacy agreements to ensure privacy and trust
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (PI)
- The personal information (including your name, date of birth, contact details, sport and discipline, and if applicable diagnosis, medication, and treatments);
- Medical information and records provided by you or your physician(s) in TUE applications
- In process cases of Anti-Doping Rule Violations
- Other Activities of The Doping Control program including Planning, Test distribution, sample collection, Lab results and Result management
- Medical and Biological information derived from Sample analysis (sensitive personal information)
- Whereabouts Filings
PURPOSES & USE
Your PI will be used in the process of evaluation and investigation. it could be used for other purposes in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code (Code), the International Standards, and the anti-doping rules of ADOs with authorities that are involved in the Anti-Doping program including
- Results management in case of adverse analytical findings and in investigations
- For the Eligibility for a TUE
- For testing criteria and target testing
- For publishing on the EGY-NADO website AFTER FINAL decisions of an ADRV including (Name, Sport, Sanction duration and prohibited substance found)
TYPES OF RECIPIENTS
Your PI, including your medical or health information and records and any results included in the ADAMS or Sample collection data, may be shared with the following:
- ADO(s) responsible for making a decision and will also be made available to ADOs with testing authority and/or results management authority over you;
- WADA authorized staff;
- Members of the TUE Committees (TUECs) of each relevant ADO and WADA; and
Other independent medical, scientific or legal experts, if needed in case of TUE request
- Major Game Organizers when relevant
Due to the Sensitivity of Personal information only a limited number of ADO and / or WADA staff will receive access to your Personal information according to the process needs. ADOs (including WADA) must handle your PI in accordance with the International Standard for the Protection of Privacy and Personal Information (ISPPPI).
Your PI will also be uploaded to ADAMS by the EGY-NADO staff who receives your application and are only approved to do so after signing a privacy agreement and if access is needed by other parties through ADAMS when necessary
You have rights with respect to your PI under the ISPPPI, including the right to a copy of your PI and to have your PI corrected, blocked or deleted in certain circumstances. You may have additional rights under applicable laws
Also, you have the right to know if your personal information is being used be the EGY-NADO related to you.
Where the processing of your PI is based on your consent, you can revoke the use of your personal information at any time, including the authorization to your physician to release medical information for example (as described in the Athlete Declaration in the TUE. To do so, you must notify your ADO. If you withdraw your consent or object to the PI processing, your TUE will likely be rejected) and can cause the Athlete ineligibility for future sports participation as ADOs will be unable to properly assess PI in accordance with the Code and International Standards.
In rare cases, it may also be necessary for ADOs to continue to process your PI to fulfill obligations under the Code and the International Standards, despite your objection to such processing or withdrawal of consent (where applicable). This includes processing for investigations or proceedings related to ADRV, as well as processing to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims involving you, WADA and/or an ADO.
All the personal information, including medical information, findings and records, and any other information related to the Athlete must be handled carefully in accordance with rules in the ISPPPI, ADO staff must also sign confidentiality agreements and strict medical confidentiality when applicable. The ADOs must implement strong privacy and security measures to protect your PI. The ISPPPI requires ADOs to apply higher levels of security to TUE information, because of the sensitivity of this information.
Your PI will be retained by ADOs (including WADA) for the retention periods described in Annex A of the ISPPPI.
Unless these retention times are in breach of applicable law. EGY-NADO will evaluate the retention time needed for different Anti-Doping activities including testing, investigations, ADRVs, Sanctions and Granting of TUEs
For Contact and Complains
An athlete Can submit a complaint when he/she believes that the EGY-NADO is not complying to the International Standards
Please submit the Complaint to EGY-NADO
Address: 12- Milsa Building (Al Nozha Investemental Project) , Behind City Stars Mall